A society that dedicated to the Architectural(i) and Cultural(ii) Heritage(iii) conservation in Sabah Borneo part of Malaysian
(1) To organize public awareness activities and projects related to the architectural and cultural heritage in Sabah.
(2) To promote the preservation, restoration and protection of the architectural and cultural heritage in Sabah.
(3) To advocate architectural and cultural heritage policies and guidelines for implementation in Sabah.
(4) To collect and study any relevant information on architectural and cultural heritage for educational and reference use.
(5) To identify places(iv) with cultural significance(v) in Sabah through Heritage Significance Assessment(vi) for protection and conservation(vii).
i. Of or pertaining to the art and science of architecture; “architectural history”; “architectural design”
ii. Of or relating to the ideas, customs, and social behavior of a society. Of or relating to the arts and to intellectual achievements.
iii. Valued objects and qualities such as cultural traditions, unspoiled countryside, and historic buildings that have been passed down from previous generations the richness of our diverse cultural heritage and a sense of history and heritage.
iv. Places means site, area, land, landscape, building or other work, group of buildings or other works, and may include components, contents, spaces and views.
v. Cultural significance means aesthetic, historic, scientific, social or spiritual value for past, present or future generations. Cultural significance is embodied in the place itself, its fabric, setting, use, associations, meanings, records, related places and related objects. Places may have a range of values for different individuals or groups.
vi. Heritage Significance Assessment is a report that documents the investigation to establish the significance of a place (including a building, landscape or an item), prior to any proposal that may affect that significance being considered.
vii. Conservation means all the processes of looking after a place so as to retain its cultural significance.